The museum was formed on 24th of February 2001 y by the order of the Karaganda region mayor and the head of Shahtinsk settlement by the commission of the president N. Nasarbayev.
Total territory – 166, 9 sq km
Thematic structure of expositions:
- “KarLag is a zone of eternal memory”;
- “Nation deportation in 30 – 50s of the XX c”
- “Women prisoners of KarLag”;
- “KarLag during the war period”;
- “Pages from the tragic destinies”;
- “Nation deportation”;
- “KarLag library”;
- “Industry of KarLag”;
- “KarLag agriculture”
Unique collections and exhibits:
- - a bed of a prisoner;
- - life things of KarLag prisoners;
- - a diary of a prisoner with the explanation of events of 30 – 60s of the XX c;
- - documents and photos of prisoners;
- - Rechen’s picture
Educational programs and museum pedagogic:
- - formation and development of KarLag;
- - activity and everyday life of prisoners;
- - artists of KarLag
Scientific – research works:
- National stuff of KarLag prisoners;
- KarLag during the war period;
- History of destinies etc.
- Action “Shame week”;
- Marathon “By the ways of memory”;
- Meeting in the “Mum’s graveyard”
Information for visitors
The schedule of work: 9.00 – 18.00 Weekdays – Sunday.
Prices of tickets:
- Children – 20 tenge;
- Students – 30 tenge;
- Adults – 50 tenge;
- Review excursion – 300 tenge
- Pupils (more than 10 pupils) – 20 tenge for one ticket;
- Students (more than 10 pupils) – 30 tenge for one ticket;
Discount tickets for customers: for war veterans, pensioners, poor families, orphan kids, people with limited ability – free entrance.
Services for customers: photos and videos – 500 tenge.
Dolinka settlement, Shkolnaya Street, 15.
Tel/Fax: 8 72156 58222
Head of the museum – Klyshnikova Marina Ivanovna.