The archeological – ethnographical museum of Aktogai district was formed in 1986 year, but before till 1999 year it was a branch of the Zhezkazgan museum of history and local lore. The museum became self — dependent only on 7th of May 1991 by the order № 91 of Minister Cabinet of KazUSR.
The total territory of the museum is 265 square meters, exposition – 223 square meters, fund – 42 square meters. The building of the museum has a fence, within the fence there are models of barrows with moustaches (main barrow and from the both sides there are two bow – shaped barrows that look like moustaches) and stone statues – balbals. Turkic – kipshak period of the Medieval.
Peculiarity: Local lore
The most interesting expositions of the museum:
- “The three great leaders of the Alash”;
- “Aktogai is a land of songs and kuys”
- “Inner decoration of the national Kazakh house Kiyz uy”
- “The Begazin’s culture”;
- “Peace work chronical”.
Attendance of the state leaders dedicated to the 80 years anniversary of Aktogai district, exhibition “Famous people of a local land”.
Moving exhibition by program:
- “Knowledge of Aktogai land”
- “Achievements of the district in different periods of time”
- Exhibition “Ismaganbetova Zauresh Mukhamedzhanova in the reception of the RK president”
- Exhibition about Tarabayeva Gulbakhram Imanbekovna, doctor of medical science, the single among the ladies of the district.
- Popularization of activity of local artist Sakhi Romanov
Museum pedagogic and marketing.
Essays about the local history: reservoir Tokyrauyn, materials about Shashubai, Saryterek, Tasaral.
• Museum celebrations for children (games, contests)
• Moving arrangements for children and students
• Lectures, excursions, circles for pupils and students
Collections and Rarities
- Blacksmith furnace (beginning of XX c)
- National currency of RK – tenge
- Metall caps “Sharaaiak” (end of IXX c)
Scientific – research work and scientific publications:
Scientific publications in newspapers “Tokyrauyn tynysy” an article of a head of the museum T. Beissekova: “Museum is place of history” to 10 years strategy “Kazakhstan – 2030”.
To 80 years anniversary of Aktogai district an article about the district museum and its head T. Beissekova in “Ortalyk Kazakhstan” newspaper.
Arrangements and actions.
To the international day of museum: exhibition on 18th of May “Museum is a place of history”.
Information for visitors
The schedule of work: 9.00 – 18.00
Prices of tickets:
- Adult – 35 tg,
- For students – 25 tg,
- Pupils – 20 tg,
- Kids – 15 tg
Services for customers:
- • review excursion – 200 tg;
- • thematic excursion – 250 tg;
- • Services for customers: review and thematic excursion;
- • Demonstration of movies, photos and videos, access to the library of rare books and documents, acquaintance with separate exclusive exhibits of the museum;
Reduced price: pensioners, war veterans, children of orphan schools, children and adults with limited ability – 50% discount.
Address:Karaganda region, Aktogai district,
Zh. Akpayev street, 1
Tel. 8 71037 2 20 76